Domain forwarding is a service that is available with your domain
registration. It allows you to redirect visitors to another website
(that you own) when they type your domain name in the browser address
To set up domain forwarding
- Go to http://domains.tierrahosting.com and click Manage, and log in to your account.
- Beside the domain that you want to redirect, click Domain Forwarding.
- In the URL field, enter the address of the destination website.
You can specify the URL, for example,
http://www.yourcompany.com/yourexamplesite.html, or you can specify the
IP address, for example, http://22.214.171.1249.
- Click Enabled to implement domain forwarding.
- If you do not want your website address to appear in the browser address field, select Masked
from the drop-down list. When visitors type your domain name in the
browser address field, they are sent to your website, but they still see
your domain name in the address field. If you do want the website
address (the destination) to be displayed in the address field, ensure
that Masked is not selected.
- Optionally, in the Title field, enter the text that you want to appear in the browser title bar.
- Optionally, in the Description field, enter a short description of your website.
- Optionally, in the Keywords field, enter some descriptive
words that a visitor might use when searching for your website.
Separate each word or phrase with a comma.
- Click Save.
Please allow 24 to 48 hours for your change to propagate throughout the Internet.