Domain Pre-Transfer Checklist
For a smooth domain name transfer process, please remember to have
the following steps completed prior to initializing the domain transfer:
- Make sure the WHOIS information is up-to-date.
- Make sure you have access to the email address stated in the WHOIS iInformation.
- WHOIS protection must be turned off.
- Confirm the domain is at least 60 days old.
- Confirm that the domain is not within 7 days of expiration as a
domain transfer that is interrupted by the domain expiring will not
- If expired, confirm that the domain is no more than 30 days past the expiration date.
- Update name servers to the Tierra Hosting name servers prior to initiating transfer.
- Unlock the domain.
- Retrieve the EPP Authorization key from your current registrar. Check your Inbox and Spam folders frequently over the next week to ensure you get this key or the reason why it failed as soon as possible.
If you are ready to transfer your domain from your current registrar to Tierra Hosting, visit our Domain Transfer